For over 60 years Air Tickets has been the travel industry’s leading wholesale airfare distribution and ticketing services provider. Our award-winning technology makes it easy to sell and issue complex airfares in Australian and New Zealand markets.
About the role:
Air Tickets offers Fares Distribution and Ticketing solutions for Travel Agents. Air Tickets are experts in their field, distributing airline fares to agents; using the latest technology and processes to drive high transactional volumes whilst offering the best-in-class customer care to both our customers and internal teams.
As the Direct Servicing Team Leader, you will be overseeing the daily ticketing operations of our OTA’s, Wholesale Air, Staff and VIP Travel. This includes making new bookings, actioning requests for changes, answering general queries and managing schedule changes.
Alongside the National Operations Manager, you will be responsible for providing optimum service and care to our direct customers to ensure their requests are met in a timely manner.
This is a unique opportunity to lead and build a new division within the Air Tickets business, preparing for expansion and future growth opportunities for dedicated direct servicing.
What you’re accountable for:
- Provide strong knowledge of Direct Servicing and leadership to ensure day-to-day operational requirements and requests from customers are met.
- Analyse and prioritize requests, allocating workload amongst team members.
- Ability to identify and problem solve professionally and efficiently, offering solutions to proactively resolve issues.
- Build relationships with leaders in other Air Tickets working alongside them to achieve business outcomes.
- Be a champion of change to support and help implement new strategies for business requirements.
- Encourage a positive team environment & communicate pain points for improvement.
- Analyse team performance on a regular basis – identify training requirements and communicate accordingly.
- Be the support for handling complex enquiries and customer complaints.
- Assisting successful recruitment, training, and coaching/development of new staff to optimise productivity and performance.
To succeed in this role, you need:
- Proven Exemplary Team Leader skills.
- Previous experience of direct customer servicing either in a retail or corporate environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Can do attitude and logical thinker.
- Strong communicator who can lead through change.
- Strong knowledge of at least 1 GDS. Galileo & Amadeus preferred.
- Ability to coach and mentor staff, well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make decisions and offer solutions quickly.
Helloworld Travel Employee Benefits
What do we offer Helloworld Travel employees?
- Staff discounts on travel
- Opportunities for discounted family travel
- Regular Staff and industry Events
- Career progression and support
Helloworld Travel is a geographically dispersed business. You may be required to travel interstate and overseas from time to time and provide support and advice to parts of the world outside your time zone.
We require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and you will be asked to provide evidence of this as part of the recruitment process.
Helloworld Travel is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not tolerate workplace discrimination, bullying or harassment. As a people leader, you will ensure that you uphold our values, demonstrate strong leadership, and foster an environment that values diversity and opportunity.
Having employees from diverse backgrounds brings a wealth of perspective and experience to our team. Hence, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply even if they don’t tick all the requirements.