We currently employ more than 650 people across Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, India and Greece. Through this talented group of people, the company supports a large network of travel agencies.
We are currently seeking to appoint a motivated Linux Systems Engineer to join our IT Services department in our South Melbourne office.
This role will see you looking after our Linux server environment and related IT systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining & supporting 100+ virtual & physical Linux servers spread across multiple data centres hosting critical applications and websites
- Responding to and resolving support issues within defined SLAs while maintaining ownership
- Performance tuning to ensure all interconnecting systems and services perform at peak
- Working with other IT teams, developers and the business to achieve successful outcomes
- Contributing to the development and implementation of appropriate architectural solutions to meet business & IT needs
Key to your success will be your ability to work as part of a local and national team, your desire to continuously learn and share knowledge, your capabilities in handling a high pace high pressure environment, and your flexible and adaptable approach to daily workloads and challenges as well as your strong desire to improve the systems you are responsible for.
Key Selection Criteria:
- 3-5 years in managing core Linux Server environments. (Ubuntu/Debian preferred).
- Strong experience building, managing and troubleshooting LAMP stack or similar.
- Strong experience with SSL/HTTPS including certificate management.
- Experience with Load balancing technologies such as Nginx/HAProxy etc.
- Experience with Log management technologies such as Syslog, ELK, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with Open Source monitoring solutions such as Nagios or Ichinga.
- Scripting experience in Regex, Bash Shell, Ansible or Python.
- Strong communication skills across all levels of IT and the business.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of networking, Active Directory, Samba and LDAP.
- Experience with Vmware
- Experience in configuration and change management systems and processes
- Ability to partake in an on-call roster as required
Nice to have:
- Experience with working with CouchDB, Redis and MongoDB
- Experience with working in public clouds (Azure/AWS)
- Experience with databases such as Postgres/MySQL
- Experience with network load balancers like F5 & HA Proxy
- Experience with web application firewalls (WAF)
- Experience with Splunk (Enterprise and SIEM)
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker.
Helloworld Travel Employee Benefits
Our head office in Melbourne boasts a fully equipped gym and all our sites across Australia have staff kitchens with coffee machines, a selection of cereals, biscuits, lunch items etc.
What do we offer Helloworld Travel employees?
- The opportunity to work for an industry leader
- A vibrant and energetic work environment
- Access to exclusive travel discounts
- Career progression and development opportunities
How To Apply
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 as part of the recruitment process.
Helloworld Travel Limited is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in its staff.
Applications will only be considered for people who have the right to work in Australia without restrictions or sponsorship.
As part of your application please include a cover letter and CV to help us to get to know you.